Sunday 31 March 2019

Flamingo Birthday Explosion Card

Hello my crafty friends

I'm still itching to play with my flamingo stamps, so decided to make a tropical birthday explosion card for a friend. I started with this Cloudy Frame die set, then added my stamped flamingo and a bunch of die cut tropical leaves.


The leaves and the flamingo got touches of glitter for some shimmer & shine.


I see that this type of card is making a come-back, and that makes me smile. I have been making this type of explosion card for almost 30 years. In fact, I would haul a bunch of stamps, ink pads etc into my kids classrooms twice a year and teach the kids how to make these for Christmas and Mother's Day. I can do the folds with my eyes closed, which is also funny because I can NOT do any other type of origami folding.



The label & sprig dies, and the Happy Birthday stamps are by Lynda Kanase for Sizzix.



Below you can see the card as it is opening - it folds completely flat for mailing. I used a heavy patterned paper (not card stock) for the inside so there isn't a lot of bulk.


It was so much fun to make this type of pop-up card again - and I can see me making more in the future. They whip up so quickly and they are a fun way to add lots of OOOOOH to the inside of a card.

Supplies:
Flamingo (stamps, inks and dies) - Hero Arts
Patterned paper - Prima
Leaf dies - MFT Stamps
Spring Things (label and sprig inside) - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Happy Birthday, Spring Phrases - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Birthday greeting - MFT Stamps
Cloudy Frame die set - Pink and Main
White, green card stocks
Chameleon Color Tops markers
Spectrum Noir glitter pen

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. These definitely bring back memories. What's the old say ... everything old is new again :)
    Love your card btw :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!