Sunday 3 March 2019

Four Llama/Cactus Cards and Two Cactus Birthday Cards.

Hello my crafty friends

I had picked up this 12 x 12" sheet of patterned paper by Alexandra Renke at our local scrapbook store last fall. I mean, water colouring and cactus? How could I not! But when I got it home I wasn't sure what in the world to do with it. It would be perfect for scrapbooking but trickier for card making.

Finally I used MFT's wonky stitched rectangle die and put it over some of the different areas on the paper, which gave me 6 panels to use on my cards. I realized my new Llama dies from Taylored Expressions would work perfectly with these panels, so then I was off and running.


The words fit on this speech bubble, and there was one leftover strip of patterned paper with a large cactus on it so I fussy cut it out and chose this card to pop it up on. I used neutral colours for the llama - he is just SO cute! And if you look closely, you can see a little fox peeking out from behind one of the cactus.


Some of the panels were smaller, but they worked well on the cards as well. The panels were lifted off the card base with fun foam.


This card had an 'empty' spot, so I added the stamped and die cut cactus which is also by Taylored Expressions.


All four of these cards are the same inside, with a simple Happy Birthday since the greeting is on the outside.


These two panels didn't look right with the Llama die, so I decided to add glasses to one of the tall cactus, a few sequins and stamped the same greeting on a stitched rectangle panel.



The background for the greeting panel was blended with Distress Oxide inks and lightly spritzed with water to get the mottled look.


Here is the inside of the two cactus cards.


I will probably donate a couple of these to my Mom's nursing home, and the others will stay in my stash until I'm ready to part with them. Right now I have them on my buffet table which I pass multiple times a day. And I stop and enjoy these cards almost every time I walk by them. That Llama just makes me happy.

Supplies:
White, blue, cream and greens card stock
Patterned paper - Alexendra Renke
Wonky stitched rectangle die - MFT Stamps
Fun foam
"No Drama Llama" dies - Taylored Expressions
Speech bubble die - Lawn Fawn
"Whole Llama Love" stamps - Taylored Expressions
Copic markers
Dashing Rectangle - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1076 Tiny Accessories 2 (glasses) - Karen Burniston
Happy Birthday, "Birthday Builder" - Altenew
Tombow Markers
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Cactus die - "Can't Touch This stamps and dies" - Taylored Expressions
Sequins
Inside stamps on Cactus Cards - Papertrey Ink

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!