Monday 25 March 2019

We Herd It's Your Birthday

Hello my crafty friends

I had a Waffle Flower wish list for the Mesa Rubber Stamp Show this month, and while wandering around in their booth I found this stamp set called 'We Herd'. I adored the herd of sheep with all the party accessories and I knew it would make some really fun birthday cards.


This was my first time playing with the stamp & die set and I'm so glad I picked it up! I also tried out some new-to-me marker paper, but I think it's going to take some getting used to. I wanted to use my new Chameleon Color Tones markers, which is why I purchased the marker paper. These markers are really cool - notice the light to dark colouring on the sheep faces? All done with a single marker. Now it is a little streaky, but that is because of the marker paper and that is what I meant by needing to get used to working with it. I have been playing with the Chameleon Color Tones markers on Neenah card stock and didn't have much streaking at all. With any new art supply though, I expect a bit of a learning curve. I am really REALLY liking the markers and want to say THANK YOU again to Chameleon, for sending them to me to use with my card making.


The Chameleon Color Tone markers worked really well for the balloons too!


Here is a peek at the inside:


One of these cards will be going to the Nursing Home, where I donate birthday cards each month and I will set the other aside for when I give our daughter's a big set of Birthday Cards for Mother's Day.

Supplies:
Party Lambs - We Herd, Waffle Flower
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Bee Paper Company Bleedproof Marker paper
Chameleon Color Tones Markers
White, blue card stocks
Dashing rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pens
Inside words - Papertrey Ink
Black Olive Ink - Your Next Stamp

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!