Wednesday 6 March 2019

Mermaid Birthday Card Duo

Hello my crafty friends

While I had the fishy patterned paper out, I decided to make a couple more birthday cards for the Grandkids to take to birthday parties. The latest Fun Friday Challenge (#108) at Your Next Stamp is 'Seeing Stars' and you were to put at least one star on your project. I think the starfish on the first card qualifies, so I'm adding it to the challenge. You can find all the details to the Fun Friday Challenge #108 HERE.


These mermaids from Your Next Stamp are just too cute, and a lot of fun to colour!


I didn't do any fancy colouring or shading, instead preferring the bold 'cartoon' look.


This second card uses the identical layout to the first one, I just used a different mermaid stamp from the set and swapped out the starfish for the crab.



Both cards are the same inside ...


After the Shark birthday cards I posted earlier this week, I only had a small piece of the patterned leftover so I went ahead and made one more birthday card, which will be posted later this month. Love it when there are no leftover bits to have to store and remember to use up.

Supplies:
Wonky Circle die- Your Next Stamp
Happy Days Mermaid stamps - Your Next Stamp
Words inside, Little Darling Mermaid - Your Next Stamp
Fish patterned paper - Photo Play
Seashell patterned paper - Recollections
Sketch by Susan Stringfellow
Double Stitched Rounded Rectangle dies - Divinity Designs, formerly Our Daily Bread Designs
White, red and blue card stock
Stitched fishtail banner - MFT Stamps
Copic markers
Wink of Stella
Sakura white gel pen
Sakura black glaze pen
Nuvo Crystal Drops
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Adorable - so full of whimsy with the mermaid colored up to match the pp. Great to see you playing along with the YNS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!