Tuesday 26 March 2019

Graphic Flamingo Card Trio

Hello my crafty friends

I didn't have a plan when I made these cards. I just wanted to make something with a flamingo and since I had just picked up a box of patterned A2 cards I flipped through them to see if anything would catch my eye. This graphic black and white card jumped out at me so then I was off and running.


Since the card was patterned on the front and the back, I cut it into two panels at the score line. Then I used an MFT border die to cut one of them into two pieces. This border is nice in that it leaves a stitched line on both sides of the cut edge. Then it was just a matter of embellishing and adhering the finished panel to a light pink base card.



This second card uses the negative piece of the black and white card, but I trimmed the entire decorator panel smaller and popped it up with foam tape.


The little (trimmed) sprig is from Lynda Kanase's new Spring Things die set and I added the stamped words to a fishtail banner along with a pink enamel dot.



The final card uses the whole black and white card front. I trimmed it down with a rounded corner rectangle die as I like a border showing on my cards. The flamingo was getting lost in all the black and white so I die cut a second one from black and slightly off-set it.



These cards will be donated to my Mom's nursing home and I'm sure they will make the residents smile.

Supplies:
Black, white and pink card stocks
Black and white patterned card (cut apart) - the Paper Studio
Rounded rectangle dies - Hero Arts
Flamingo Layering stamps and dies - Hero Arts
Scalloped rectangle die - Honey Bee 
Words and inside stamps - MFT Stamps
Washi Tape - Stampin' Up
Sequins
Rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched Basic Edges - MFT Stamps
Nuvo Glitter pen
Sakura black glaze pen
Flamingo die - Jen Long (Sizzix)
Fabulous day stamp - MFT Stamps
Fishtail banner - MFT Stamps
Happy Birthday stamps - Altenew
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Spring Things (sprig) - Lynda Kanase
Enamel dot - Echo Park
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Flamingo & word stamps - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!