Wednesday 20 March 2019

Flowers & Butterflies Pop-Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

I decided to use this stunning glittered patterned paper for my card, and let it take centre stage with the card front. A layered Happy Spring and a punched butterfly is all it needed. As always, it's hard to see all the glitter in the photographs.





Inside I used the Oval Frame Pop-Up and more patterned paper from the sheet. Instead of added the Oval Frames though, I just added my pretty butterflies to the main ovals.



I have had these butterfly dies for many years, and every time I use them I swear never again. The paper or card stock sticks inside the dies and take a very gentle hand and many minutes to pry the delicate cuts out of the die without tearing. I have tried using wax paper in between and other tricks as well, but nothing seems to work. So these are put away again until I forget what a pain they are to use and I'll repeat the whole scenario. The finished cuts are sure pretty though!



I added die cut butterflies from the Circle Charm Pop-Up and smaller punched butterflies too.



The Happy Easter comes with the new Easter Charms - I like that Karen Burniston is adding these larger words to her charm sets.



For those that might be interested in my thought process, here is my 'prototype' to see if the Oval Frame Pop-Up would work the way I wanted to for this card. It's not pretty as I just grabbed scraps of card stock that were sitting on my table. This is not something I was going to keep. The card base wasn't a full size A2, but I didn't need it to be to test out the mechanism with the butterflies.



Once I could see it would work great, this piece went into recycling and I proceeded to cut into some nice card stock and patterned paper for my card.






Supplies:

1079 Oval Frames Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Pink and green card stocks
Patterned paper - K & Company
Butterfly dies - Spellbinders
1046 Circle Charm Pop-Up (Butterfly) - Karen Burniston
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart
1084 Happy Spring die - Karen Burniston
1078 Easter Charms - Karen Burniston
Stickles

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"



Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Kat aka Sierra VC Bliss7:46 pm, March 20, 2019

    I think the butterflies were worth the effort! I often make a prototype when trying a new idea but my scraps are really 'scraps' and I throw it away. I enjoy seeing your creations! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!