Thursday 28 March 2019

Fin-Tastic Birthday Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm playing along with Your Next Stamp's Fun Friday Challenge #110, Pastels.  Details can be found HERE. This WAS a challenge for me, as I'm liking bright happy colours right now so doing a pastel card took some thinking.


I chose some mint green and baby blue card stock from my stash, and die cut the YNS Photo Booth Panel Die from the green piece. The stitched waves were die cut and adhered behind the windows for a fun look.


I adore these cute fish stamps from Your Next Stamps Aquarium Antics, so I coloured them with Chameleon Color Tone markers then added them into the windows with different layers of foam tape. The balloon comes from a YNS Easter stamp of a chick holding a balloon. I stamped it on white card stock, then only cut out the balloon and adhered it to the crab's claw. The balloon was also coloured with the Chameleon markers.


The sentiment inside is from Your Next Stamp as well - I love how well it works for ocean and sea themed cards.


I found these seashell sequins and picked up a package for me and a friend. They are super sparkly which I liked and it was fun to add a couple onto this card.


I'm happy with how this turned out - and it goes right into my stash.

Supplies:
Photo Booth Panel die set - Your Next Stamp
Mint, light blue and white card stock
1038 Tropical Scene - Karen Burniston
Chameleon Color Tone markers
Sakura black gel pen
Aquarium Antics - Your Next Stamp
Sentiments on the front - Make a Fish, Waffle Flower
Shell Sequins
All Aboard - Bunch of Happiness (chick with balloon) - Your Next Stamp
Black Olive ink - Your Next Stamp
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
Little Darling Mermaid (greeting) - Your Next Stamp
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. awww this looks fin-tastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, inside and out! I really like the way you used the window die. Thank you playing along with the YNS Pastel Challenge! :>)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!