Wednesday 13 March 2019

St. Patrick's Day Card Trio

Hello my crafty friends

This is my second post of the day!  I didn't want to interrupt my Easter Week posts but I did want to share my St. Patrick's Day cards before the 17th.  Scroll down to see the Easter Card I posted earlier.

I made these three cards using journal cards & 'cut aparts' from Doodlebug Design. One for our grandson Ilai, our granddaughter Alma and one for my Mom.


First up is Ilai's card ... this one is a 4 x 6" card because I have a box full of envelopes to use with this size of card. I added some of the trimmed word strips from one of the 'cut apart' sheets and a green enamel dot.


The face and hat got a glaze pen treatment for a little shine.


Inside I lettered the words and added his name. Ilai likes it when there are the serif's on his name and I aim to please.


This is the card I sent to my Mom. I really like the pop of colour from the rainbow striped paper scrap.


I used the smallest rounded rectangle in my nesting die set to cut the shamrock from another word strip and added it with foam tape.


Inside is a word strip, a colourful journal card and a small rainbow fishtail banner and another curved shamrock.


Finally, here is Alma's St. Patrick's Day card.


I fussy cut rainbow from a different 'cut apart' and popped it up with foam tape.


Inside is a journal card and another word strip. I wrote a note to her on the white area below the journal card.



Supplies:
Cut aparts and patterned paper - Doodlebug Designs
Stitched rectangle dies - Waffle Flower
Rounded corner rectangle dies - Hero Arts
Spectrum Noir glitter pen
Sakura black glaze pen
Corner Rounder - We R Memory Keepers
Enamel Dots

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!