Tuesday 19 March 2019

Bright Butterflies Hello Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing a bright and cheery card made with products by Pink and Main. I really like this Butterfly background die - it cuts all these butterflies, but not all the way through. They remain joined to the base at the centres.


This one was a little more time consuming as I turned the die cut piece over and added a small piece of foam tape to the back of each of the wings. Then I adhered the butterfly piece over the bright blue patterned paper. You can see the blue behind the wings - it's a subtle effect but one I quite like!


The die set also comes with a couple of extra butterflies and butterfly bodies so I cut a couple from more bright card stock scraps and added five of them to the card front. The 'hello' was die cut from white card stock, and I stamped 'A Big' to the left of it. I picked up the hello stamps/dies last March at the Pink and Main booth at the Mesa Rubber Stamp Show so this year their booth was one of the first ones I made a beeline for.



I added a stitched panel inside, and cut a larger butterfly from the bottom corner. Like the ones on the background die, this one only cuts the wing portion. So before adhering the white rectangle inside the card I added a scrap of bright orange card stock to show behind the wings, which were popped up with foam tape.



This card was made to send to my Mom, as with the cheery bright colours it will brighten her day.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Colorbok
Butterfly background die - Pink & Main
Pink, orange, white and black card stocks
Sakura white gel pen
Hello friend stamp and die set - Pink & Main
Wink of Stella
Stitched panel was on my table, probably MFT?

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. so pretty, love all those butterflies popping up off the card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!