Wednesday 27 March 2019

Black and Red Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I love using journal cards in my card making, and lots of paper stacks come with these 3 x 4" cut aparts now. The ones I used today are actually journal cards used for pocket scrapbooking but they were so perfect for birthday cards I had to grab them. These are the first six cards I made with the package.


Who doesn't love ice cream for a birthday! I added a couple of fish tail flags and Karen Burniston's Celebrate die cut from red and black card stocks.


The balloon area on this card was open so you could write your journalling for your scrapbook page. Instead I stamped a greeting and added a bakers twine bow.


There are two of each design in the package, so this next card uses the ice cream image again but this time I added a long fish tail banner and some bakers twine.


I wrote Happy Birthday on the balloon trio journal cards, matted them and added them to the card front with a strip of that fun striped paper. I am in LOVE with this striped paper by Echo Park so you will be seeing a lot of it in my upcoming cards. I save every little scrap as even just a small fishtail flag or banner adds such a fun pop of colour!



These birthday cards will be donated to my Mom's Nursing home.

Supplies:
White, red, aqua, black card stocks
Journal cards - Betty Higgins, Project Life
Rounded rectangle infinity dies - Hero Arts
Striped patterned paper - Echo Park
1057 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
Stitched fishtail banner - MFT Stamps
Copic marker
Stamps - MFT Stamps
Bakers twine
Fun foam
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!