Thursday 7 March 2019

Hanging Planter Flip Fold Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing a card I'm entering into the latest challenge at The Male Room Challenge Blog. Challenge #106 "Gorgeous Greens". You can see all the details HERE.


I wanted to use my new hanging planter die again, so this time I added it to a Flip Fold card. This type of card goes by several different names - Flip-It, Flip Fold, Flip, Flip Flop depending on the manufacturer.


The plant hanger was cut from silver matte foil card stock. I added some narrow washi tape down the right side for some more shimmer 'n' shine. I cut the plant twice, once from woodgrain card stock and once from green. Then they were layered together after I did a little highlighting with Distress Oxide inks and a water brush on the plant.


Even though this is a masculine card, I had the perfect word stamp to send this card to my Mom. I'm sending a card to her each week so she knows I'm thinking about her. She loves to receive Happy Mail!


Hard to see in the photos, but I also added some Crystal Nuvo Drops. More shine!


Supplies:
Hanging planter die set - Sizzix
Green, white card stocks
Distress Oxide Inks
Patterned paper - Sizzix and Moda Scrap
Silver foil card stock - Tonic Studios
Vintage Label Flip-Fold - Divinity Designs
Double Pierced Vintage Label dies - Divinity Designs
Washi Tape - Stampin' Up
Scalloped rectangle dies - Honey Bee Stamps
Words - Hero Arts
Bakers Twine
Fine point marker
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Another great card using this image

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing die - I can remember making macrame pot holders just like this when I was first married. Love the fun interactive inside element too. Thanks for playing at The Male Room, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interactive masculine card! Thanks for sharing your work with The Male Room. I hope you'll be inspired by our next challenge too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT
    My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!