Friday 8 March 2019

Happy Chinese New Year, a Pop-Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

EDITED TO ADD that for some (crazy) reason, Instagram and Facebook have blocked my posts. Facebook says my cards 'do not meet their community standards', and Instagram thinks my blog is spam. Grrrrrrrr. But until they do their reviews I am unable to comment on IG or share anything on FB.

A friend was coming to visit me and I wanted to make her a card to celebrate the Chinese New Year.  This year is it 'The Year Of The Pig', so I pulled out this sweet little pig image and Karen Burniston's new Rockin' Rectangle Pop-Up die set. The more I use this die set, the more I like it!

You can make the Rockin' Rectangle with or without a window. Using a smaller circle window has been on my list of things to try with the die set, and I was very happy with how it worked out. I didn't add any foam tape to the pig image, and because he is adhered flat inside there is no catch point and I didn't need to add acetate over the window.


The patterned paper is actually an A2 printed card I had in my stash. I like the soft colours, and the pearlized embossed dots that catch the light. I aded Karen Burniston's Celebrate and Taylored Expressions banner die as well as some bling.


Inside, you see the little pig again as well as the rest of the greeting. The rectangle rocks up and out when the card is opened.




It was fun to try a different shaped window and I have some more ideas to use it too.

Supplies:
Pig stamp - MFT Stamps
Distress Oxide inks
Waterbrush
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
White and turquoise card stocks
Stitched rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper and patterned A2 card - Recollections
Sakura white gel pen
Sakura black glaze pen
1031 Numbers - Karen Burniston
1089 Rockin' Rectangle Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Copic markers
1067 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
Skinny Mini Fiesta Borders - Tailored Expressions
1091 Border Blends Party - Karen Burniston
Bling
1027 Word Set 4 Just a Note (Hi) - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. love the piggy peeking out through that small window

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!