Monday 1 April 2019

Dress Shaped Treat Boxes

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing a couple of treat boxes that are shaped like a dress. This is a die set by Lynda Kanase and I had fun working on them.

When I checked on 2019 Wedding Colours, the pretty sage green and white combo caught my eye so that is what I went with first.


The die set comes with the option of cutting a lacy insert, which I did here. The white portion is white shimmer paper, but it doesn't show up in photos. I also added tiny pearls to the dress to fancy it up, as well as a strip of gold foil on the belt.



I also thought that these Dress Boxes would make cute place cards for a bridal shower so made a couple of colour variations.


This first one is done in blues and greens, with a stencilled skirt and I used the included bow on the front as well as some pretty green iridescent pearls.


There are some amazing Fineliners coming out from Chameleon and I will have information on how you can get them later this month. I was lucky enough to receive a set from Chameleon to put them through their paces, and I have to say they are SOOOOOOO COOL.

They are a water based fine line marker, and to write the Bride on this dress box, I fused blue and green to create the ombre look. Then I used a fine water brush to blend the colours.

I also added strips of gold foil along the bottom edge of the dress box for a little glam.


Here is another colour combination ...


For this one I fused a burgundy and deep orange marker together, and used a water brush to blend inside the lines.


Supplies:
Dress Box die - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
White shimmer card stock - Stampin' Up
Sage and white card stocks
Gold foil - Scotch
Gold pearls - Stampin' Up
Spectrum Noir glitter pen
Bling - Queen & Company
Stencil - the Crafters Workshop
Chameleon Fineliners
Water brush

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!