Saturday 27 April 2019

C4C481 Birthday Cards with Foil

Hello my crafty friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blogour Apri hostess is Rebecca Ednie and please welcome our Guest Designer Cindy Lawrence.


This is Rebecca's challenge: Back to metallics for the end of the month. Use foiling on your project. If you don’t do your own foil, look for foiled patterned or mirror papers or embellishments like chipboard or stickers in your stash.

I don't have any foils, but since I love metallics I pulled out a really pretty pink toned Shimmer Sheetz for my card today. I haven't used Shimmer Sheetz in a long time, and I was so happy with how well it worked. It's SUPER shiny and catches the light brilliantly.


I have had these printed embellishments for several years and I'm trying to use up some of this older stash for my Nursing Home donation cards. Since there were two printed pieces in the package, I made two identical cards. I also added some glitter to the blooms for more shimmer and shine. I die cut a little heart from a scrap of the Shimmer Sheetz and added it to the lower right corner, which is hard to see in the photos.



After stamping the verse inside on a wonky stitched panel, I die cut a small heart shape from the left and backed it with another piece of Shimmer Sheetz. It's the same pretty pink/coral colour as I used on the front, but it was impossible to get a good photo. I liked that the foil carried through to the inside when the card is opened.



Since I had everything out anyhow, I chose a couple more printed embellishments from the package and made two identical masculine cards to donate as well. These ones didn't get any Shimmer Sheets, but I did add glossy accents to the dangling time-pieces on the printed element.




Here are the cards all grouped together, before I popped them into the donation bags I have on the go.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C481.

Supplies:
Printed embellishments - Stampin' Up 
Coloured A2 cards (white inside) - DCWV
1076 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
Shimmer Sheets - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fun foam
1046 Circle Charm Pop-Up (butterfly) - Karen Burniston
Stickles
1019 Gift Card Label (heart) - Karen Burniston
Wonky Stitched Rectangle dies - MFT Stamps
Stamps - Papertrey Ink and MFT Stamps
Bakers Twine
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. good to see you pulling out the shimmer Sheetz for this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!