Sunday 14 April 2019

Mermaid Z-Fold Card

Hello my crafty friends

I'm on the Your Next Stamp Blog, sharing a 'favourite'. Since I love to make Z-fold cards, and I love sharing ideas and different ways to use your stamps & dies this is what I came up with today.


I really like this Sunburst Panel die, and used it here in a vertical orientation instead of the horizontal one that was intended. I didn't have a full sheet of this pretty blue card stock, but it was enough to make the card, so that made me happy. The mermaid stamp is so cute - look at that waving crab on her head! Everything was stamped with YNS Black Olive Ink and coloured with Zig Clean Colour markers and a water brush.

I used the Pierced Hills to cover the bottom portion of the Sunburst Panel die, then added the cut out mermaid and another little crab.


To decorate the centre section of the Z-Fold Card, I die cut just half of the Sunburst Panel Die and adhered it there. I like that it gives a bit of interest and also continues the flow of the blue & sunburst.

The largest Stitched Wavy Circle die was stamped then slightly off-set on a second, blue Stitched Wavy Circle. Before adhering this greeting piece to the right side of my card, I sponged inks around the area to add a little colour. The greeting is hidden when the card is closed, which is fun.


Finally I trimmed just the stitched edge from a partial Sunburst Panel die and adhered it at the right edge of my card.



I really enjoyed making and sharing this card showing some of my favourites, and I hope you will check out the Your Next Stamp Blog - there is always lots of inspiration.

Supplies:
Sunburst Panel die - Your Next Stamp
Sea birthday stamp - Sea Creature Sentiments, Your Next Stamp
Little Darling Mermaid stamp set - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Wavy Circle die - Your Next Stamp
Black Olive ink - Your Next Stamp
Double Pierced Hills - Your Next Stamp
Blue and white card stocks
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Zig Clean Color Markers
Water brush
Sakura white gel pen
Rainbow patterned paper - the Paper Studio
Sakura glaze pen
Fishtail banner - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. i love mermaids and i LOVE this card!!! super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!