Friday 26 April 2019

Four Panel Monster Pop-Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and I have a fun card to share today. I have had this idea in my head for awhile, and since the Fun Friday Challenge #112 at Your Next Stamp is 'Clean and Simple', I thought I'd finally get it made and enter it in the challenge. Below is the card front:


I am liking black card bases more and more these days so that is what I used for my card today.  The Silly Trash Monsters are such fun stamps. I bought them back when they were released at Your Next Stamp, because having 3 grandsons I figured they would get a good work-out on birthday cards. Especially as they get older and don't like 'cutesie' anymore. Your Next Stamp has several popular monster stamp sets that I also have my eye on.

The Trash Can was die cut from black card stock, then I fussy cut a small scrap of glossy black card stock to glue behind it. The glossy black shows through the cut-away strips on the can and give the card a little interest. Black glossy card stock is also something I am using a lot these days.


 This '4 Panel Pop-Up' is one I have done a couple of times before. It makes a quick and easy pop-up that is fun for all ages. I die cut the YNS scalloped border four times, once from each colour of card stock. Then I adhered the borders inside the card. After adhering the four panel pop-up strip, I added a monster to each of four matted & coloured circles. Two of the monsters were added to the centre of the pop-up strip and the other two were adhered right to the card base over the strip ends. I staggered their height for a fun look.



The monsters were fun to colour with Chameleon Color Tone markers. I used the markers and also Color Tops to get the blends between blue and green.  I simply added a green Color Top to the blue Color Tone marker for about 5 seconds then coloured. Instant blend! Same for the orange and yellow color blend.


I white embossed the greeting on a black stitched fishtail banner and adhered that below the four panel pop-up strip.


I think this will make a fun Birthday card for the grandkids to take to a birthday party.

Supplies:
Fancy Double Scalloped Edge border die - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Fishtail Banner dies - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Rectangle Dies - Your Next Stamp
Tropical Paradise Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Silly Trash Monster stamps - Your Next Stamp 
Trash Can die set - Your Next Stamp
Black, yellow, orange, green, blue and white card stock
Circle dies - Hero Arts
Chameleon Color Tones and Colour Top markers
Sakura white gel pen
White embossing powder
Black glossy card stock - recycled scrap
Sakura black glaze pen

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. adorable monsters, and love the 4 panel pop-up on the inside too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!