Sunday 28 April 2019

Your Next Stamp Farewell Blog Post - Ahoy!

Hello my crafty friends

I have been a Guest Designer this month at Your Next Stamp, but the month is drawing to a close and sadly this is my 'Farewell' post on the YNS Blog. I had  picked up this clearance patterned paper, so that was my inspiration for today's card. I chose to make a 4 x 6" card instead of an A2, and used the fun 'Ahoy' Journal Card from the paper stack.

I have had the YNS Porthole and Anchor die set for awhile, so I pulled it out as it was perfect to use with the theme. The porthole also is perfect to use for a shaker element! I have linked all the YNS products in the Supply List at the end of my post.


The fun dog and cat are from the new Photo Booth Thumbs Up. I coloured them with Chameleon Color Tone markers, cut the image into a circle and continued with my shaker assembly.


I didn't have any card stock that matched perfectly, so I flipped through the paper stack and found a glossy printed sheet with a large border design. The centre of the sheet didn't have any printing so that is what I used to die cut an Anchor and Porthole from. I also cut two more Anchors from cream card stock and adhered the three together with the navy one on top. This gave me a nice sturdy embellishment, which I tied Bakers Twine onto then adhered it to the card.

The patterned paper is glossy and the designs are clear embossed so it was hard to take the photos with all the glare!


I stamped the words from the Sea Creature Sentiments on a strip of cream card stock and adhered it over the AHOY with foam tape.

Here is a peek at the inside ...


Both the Happy Birthday and greeting are from the All Aboard Bunch of Happiness set. Even though it's a Spring stamp set - the words are generic and can be used all through the year!


I have really enjoyed playing along with the Your Next Stamp team this month, and I'll continue to participate in their Fun Friday Challenges. I hope you will check out the Your Next Stamp Blog!

Supples:
Black Olive Ink - Your Next Stamp
Photo Booth Thumbs Up, stamps - Your Next Stamp
Photo Booth Thumbs Up, dies - Your Next Stamp
Porthole and Anchor die set - Your Next Stamp
Stone Grey Ink  - Your Next Stamp 
Sea Creature Sentiments  - Your Next Stamp
All Aboard Bunch of Happiness (words inside)  - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Fishtail Banners  - Your Next Stamp

MISTI
Patterned paper and Cut-Apart - DCWV
Cream card stock
Chameleon Color Tone Markers
Circle dies - Hero Arts
Sakura black glaze pen
Stitched Rectangle dies - Honey Bee
Shaker filler - stash
Card size - 4 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed seeing all your YNS posts this month, another fabulous card and fun image

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!