Saturday 21 September 2019

Wedding Box Card

Hello my crafty friends

A friend's daughter is getting married this month, and I offered to make them a wedding card to give the happy couple. I had trouble figuring out what I wanted to do - I knew it would be an interactive card, but which one? Finally I decided on a box card, since the card will likely be displayed for a little while.

I find it hard making a card for a big occasion when I don't know the people but my friend suggested maybe shades of purple with some silver. That was my jumping off point. While this is not a Karen Burniston Pop Up, I  ended up using FIVE KB dies on it. I guess that shows how truly versatile her dies can be!


Below is a video showing how the card unfolds from the envelope, and there are still shots and a full supply list following the YouTube video.


The Happily Ever After die is SO perfect for a wedding card. It cuts as a single piece which makes it nice and easy to adhere.  I cut the Lawn Fawn Box card base from a heavy pearlized white card stock, which doesn't show up in the photos but is really pretty in real life.


Both the little scalloped border on the inside supports and the bride and groom dies are from the Cake Pop Up. Which was another die set I had considered for the occasion. The 'lacy' heart is one of my favourites - an older die from Stampin' Up. I still remember how happy I was when I was able to purchase that set.


I used the stitched label from the Gift Card Label set as a place for my friends to sign their names. The press dot hearts are from the Circle Charm Pop Up.


Of course it folds completely flat for mailing. While the box card on it's own fits easily into an A2 envelope, I added the large heart at the back which makes it far too tall for that. I added some coordinating paper to line the inside & flap of a 6" square envelope instead. To me, large square envelopes just seem perfect for a wedding.


I hope you enjoyed my box card today!

Supplies:
Box card die set - Lawn Fawn
White peal card stock - Gina K (old, from my stash)
Patterned card stock - The Luxury Stack, DCWV (old, from my stash)
1032 Happily Ever After - Karen Burniston
1028 Cake Pop Up (Bride & Groom, scalloped border) - Karen Burniston
Black and white card stocks
Sakura white gel pen
Silver foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Scribble heart and Love dies - Stampin' Up
Stitched heart dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1019 Gift Card Label (small layered hearts) - Karen Burniston
1077 Word Set 8 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
1046 Circle Charm Pop Up (heart with press-dots) - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!