Friday 27 September 2019

Farm Themed Photo Collage Pop Up Birthday Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today for Fun Fold Friday on my blog I'm sharing the card I made for our eldest daughters birthday. I used an older stamp and die set along with Karen Burniston's Photo Collage die set. The Photo Collage is very popular and it's so much fun to see what everyone is doing with with it!

I kept the front nice and simple, with just a hint of what the card theme is.


I have had the hay patterned paper for years and it was fun to get it out again for this card. It has sparkly embossed bits that catch the light. I added acetate behind the picture frame, which is from the new Memory Charms die set, and attached it to the lightly stencilled white panel with a brad. The acetate also catches the light, as you can see in the photo below.


When you open the card - poof! There is an explosion of polaroid frames that I filled with farm themed stamped images and dies.  I have included a short YouTube video at the end of the post since the action is next to impossible to see in photographs. I used an older stamp & die set that I have used before on cards for her - it's fun coming up with different ways to use them.


The barn doors have the ability to slide open and closed, but for this card I adhered them in the closed position. I also gave the animals a little sparkle with a Wink of Stella pen ... it is a birthday card after all!

The Photo Collage was a little tricker on this card because it was only 5" high! The die is intended to work with a standard A2 card, but that would give you a 5.5 inch height. As usual with the Photo Collage though, I just took my time and checked for catch points with each addition.


There is a signing block on the right that I lightly stencilled. I also added words from the same stamp set on fishtail banners and placed them where they wouldn't be catch points. The polaroid frames got a little antiquing with a makeup brush and ink.


 Finally, here is a short YouTube video that shows how much dimension you get with the Photo Collage Pop Up.


As shown, the Photo Collage folds amazingly flat for mailing!

Supplies:
Patterned papers - Photo Seasons Stack (DCWV) old
Kraft, white, black and cream card stocks
1098 Photo Collage die set - Karen Burniston
Farm themed stamps and dies - On the Farm, Papertrey Ink
Wink of Stella
Unicorn ink (white) - Hero Arts
1096 Barn Pop Stand - Karen Burniston
Woodgrain Stencil - Tim Holtz
Dot stencil - Tim Holtz
Makeup Brushes
Fishtail Banner - MFT Stamps
1056 Squares Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1108 Memory Charms - Karen Burniston
Scrap of acetate
Brad
Twine - Stampin' Up
W1 Copic marker

Card size - 5 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. love this!!!!, perfect paper for the theme too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking card. She'll be thrilled to get it. I like the animal images, perfect for this theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!