Friday 20 September 2019

Ocean Themed Photo Collage Pop Up

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing the birthday card I made for a friend. I'll start off with a YouTube video so you can see Karen Burniston's amazing Photo Collage Pop-Up in action. It creates such a dynamic pop up! Still shots and more details follow the YouTube video if you are interested, and there is a supply list at the end of my post.


I'm a huge fan of K & Company, and thankfully I have a big collection of their papers and embellishments. They are really hard to find anymore! Inside this stack of paper, there are two 12 x 12" sheets of faux postage and I figured they would be perfect to use with this type of die. They are detailed and glossy and SO pretty. Perfect for anyone who loves the ocean.

For the front of my card, I used an alphabet die to cut the word SHELL from kraft card stock, and then I cut the new Celebrate from kraft but cut away the CEL. I trimmed around the 'L' to give me the dash then inked the bottoms of the letters & word with blue distress oxide ink. Love how well it shows up on the kraft.


As usual, I kept the front fairly simple as all the fun is on the inside:


When you open the card there is just an explosion of lovely underwater images!



I rarely post my cards in the same order I make them. I was working on a card for our Daughter's birthday using the Photo Collage Pop Up and had to make sure that none of the elements stuck out of the card. The elements for this card are smaller than the Polaroid frame die that is included, so there were no issues at all. Because they are cut from patterned paper though, once everything was adhered I cut small squares of kraft card stock and adhered them to the backs of the elements to give them some stability.


I stamped the greeting on a stitched label and there was lots of room for me to sign the card.


Supplies:
Kraft, off white card stocks
Patterned paper - K & Company (a Tim Coffey design)
1098 Photo Collage Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Splash Stencil - Taylored Expressions
Stitched Nested Label dies - Stampin' Up
Alpha - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1067 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
May your joys stamp - Ocean Wisdom, Stampendous
Nuvo Drops

Card size - A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!