Saturday 28 September 2019

More Thanksgiving Cards with Journal Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I've got lots of photos to share today! Last year I had picked up a 12 x 12" sheet of adorable journal cards (or cut aparts) from Doodlebug Design thinking I could use them for the Grandkids Thanksgiving cards in 2019.

Doodlbug Journal Cards are SO cute and you can do a lot with them. Think Shaker cards, fussy cutting the elements away from their background and popping them up with other embellishments etc etc. This year though, I wanted to use them as is.

These three cards are all from that same sheet, but are different enough that the grands won't think they are getting copy cat cards.


The first card is for Olivia. I added some enamel dots including the pretty teal heart which is also a Doodlebug product.  The Hi Foxy was trimmed from a different Journal Card on the sheet. I went over all the eyes and noses on the critters with a black glaze pen for some shine.



This is the inside of Olivia's card ...


Next up is Ethan's. I loved this one as is, so simply added black glaze pen/white gel pen detailing to the truck wheels and added a die cut pumpkin to the back of the truck. The 'You Are My World' was trimmed from the same journal card as Olivia's.



Below is the inside of Ethan's card:


Zachary's card had that adorable hedgehog and I added it to the card with a mini Action Wobble. I can't remember what was printed on this polka dot journal card but it didn't work with what I wanted so I adhered the 'Thankful For You' strip overtop.



Here is the inside of Zachary's card:


Supplies:
Cut apart, stickers - Doodlebug
Sakura black glaze pen and white gel pen
Wink of Stella
W-1 Copic Marker
Green, teal, kraft and white card stocks
Fun foam
Black pen
Enamel Dots - Stampin' Up and Recollections
Action Wobble
Heart Enamel Dot - Doodlebug
White card stock
Give Thanks stamp - The Alleyway Stamps (Old, retired)
Turkey Day stamp - Pink and Main
Tree & swirl stamp - unknown (old)
Catherine Pooler Inks

Card sizes:  A2, 4 x 5.5" and 4.25" square.   All three will fit into an A2 Envelope.

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!