Monday 2 September 2019

Nautical Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I stumbled onto this amazing paper pad on clearance last Spring. Now I did not need any new patterned papers, but the papers are gorgeous and I know I can use the majority of them on masculine birthday cards to donate to the nursing home. :-)  There are two sheets of these note cards that can be cut apart and folded ... but of course I had to do more than that!

I used just one of those sheets and cut each of the two note cards with a stitched rectangle die, giving me four different panels to use for cards. The backs of the note cards were patterned as well - the black glossy striped panel used in the bottom left card was the back of the top right one. There is are two sheets of journal cards that work beautifully as embellishments, so I cut two of them out here to layer on the patterned panels... the ship and the smaller anchor panel.


I chose cream card stock for the card bases, and the fishtail banners are actually 'to & from' tags fussy cut from a sheet in the stack and adhered behind a trimmed out journal card/cutapart. The tags have a glossy printed border and I was happy to find a use for them as I know I wouldn't use them as gift tags.


The paper is heavy weight, glossy and a lot of the patterns are embossed and shiny. This is just gorgeous paper!!


I used the same idea with the anchor card, fitting two of the trimmed tags behind the journal card as an accent.



I think this one is my favourite, the textured glossy stripes with the debossed anchor is just SO lovely.



The final card is a thank you card, because - well because that is what was printed on the front panel of one of the note cards. I will add this one to my stash.



The inside of the three Birthday cards are the same ...




Supplies:
Cream card stock
Patterned paper - Hey Sailor paper stack, DCWV
Fun Foam
Stitched rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
Black fine point sharpie
Happy Birthday - May 2015 Paper Pumpkin, Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!