Saturday 7 September 2019

Butterfly Tunnel Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing another Butterfly Pop Up Card, this time as a Tunnel Card. I've had this patterned paper for years, so pulled it out to use a bit more of it up. The cut-parts and stickers were included in the pad but I glued the butterfly sticker to white card stock and fussy cut it out to use as an element.  I can always use Thank You cards, so added the die cut Thank You by Karen Burniston to the front.



Here is a look at the inside. I used the new 3D Pop Up Drop In die set by Stephanie Barnard at the Stamps of Life. I have no idea why this die set appealed to me so much, but it really did and I had to add it to my collection last month.

It cuts the interior of the card as 4 solid panels, which you can use as is or die cut a shape from the centre which is how I've used it here. To add even more dimension, I used Jennifer McGuire's Pop Up Panel Video and a punched, layered butterfly inside to pop up and show through the circle window. That video is linked in the supply list below, if you are interested and is what I used for yesterday's Butterfly Pop Up card as well.


I added some distress stickles to the background around the butterfly - it reminds me of 'fairy dust'.


The flowers on the inside were fussy cut from a scrap of the same patterned paper I used on the card front.


I will include a short YouTube video so you can see what this card looks like as you open and close it.



Supplies:
Patterned paper, stickers and cut-parts - Chickaniddy Crafts (old, from my stash)
3D Pop Up Drop In - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
White  & green card stocks
Distress Stickles
Nuvo Drops
1042 Spinner Square Pop Up (scalloped square) - Karen Burniston
1066 Thank You - Karen Burniston
Butterfly punch - Stampin' Up
Jennifer McGuire's Pop Up Panel video - click HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. pretty card, long time since I made a tunnel card, good to see it making an appearance again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!