Friday 6 September 2019

Pop Up Butterfly Thank You Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and I wanted to try something different. I'm still in 'Summer mode', so pulled out some bright patterned paper and butterflies dies and decided to try a Pop Up technique that Jennifer McGuire posted. She calls them Pop Up Panel Cards and you can click on the words to see her video.

When I pulled out the package of pink card stock, there was a partial sheet in there that was only 5" deep instead of 5-1/2". Since the butterfly die I wanted to use would easily fit, I decided to go ahead and use that for my card base, which makes is slightly shorter than a standard A2 size.

It's hard to see in the photo, but the sequins on the front do show up on the YouTube video.


Here is a peek at the inside, with the pop up butterfly and sprigs.


It's kind of a cool technique, but one I will play with and tweak a little if I use it again. I enjoyed trying it out for sure.


YouTube video ...




Supplies:
Patterned paper - Summer Bliss, Echo Park
Pink and white card stock
Butterfly die - Lawn Fawn
Sprig punch - Stampin' Up
Circle die - Hero Arts
1057 Circle Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Cool Tag Banner Sentiments - Your Next Stamp
Stitched rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
Sequins

Card size  4-1/4  x 5"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!