Thursday 26 September 2019

'Eat Cake' Birthday Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm playing along with Your Next Stamps Fun Friday Challenge #123, with the theme "Just for Fun - what do you find fun?" You can find all the details for the challenge HERE.

I'm generally a happy person and find a LOT of things fun. So narrowing it down to my papercrafting, I have fun making Birthday Cards and donating them to my Mom's old nursing home. Your Next Stamp is celebrating a 10 year anniversary and their new release is chock full of FUN images for birthdays.  I've used a couple of them on my card today. How cute is that dog, wearing a party hat and carrying a sweet layered cake?


I can think of some FUN ways to use the new Circle Burst die!. I die cut it from the stitched panel, then backed each of the rows with narrow scraps of bright card stock.  When I placed the word bubble and dog image where I wanted them, I realized I liked the card how it was, and chose to leave it as a CAS (Clean and Simple) card which is rare for me.

The dogs eyes and nose are glossy and shiny.  The cake icing is done with Nuvo drops so it's raised and sparkly and I added a sparkle gel pen to the candle flames.


Here is a peek at the inside, where I used two of the three different sizes of Circle Burst images (also in the new release). Yup - I definitely had FUN making this card!


Supplies:
Stitched Rectangle die set - Your Next Stamp
Black Olive ink - Your Next Stamp
Silly Fun Birthday (stamps and coordinating dies) - Your Next Stamp
Circle Burst (stamps and coordinating die) - Your Next Stamp
Kraft, orange, green, teal and yellow card stocks
Bristol Smooth card stock
Zig clean color markers
Water brush
Sakura black glaze, white gel and sparkle pens
Prismacolor pencil crayons
Nuvo glitter drops

Card size - standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Super cute, the dog makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Your dog is colored up wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Your dog is colored up wonderfully! Thanks for joining in the FUN at YNS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!