Monday 16 September 2019

Penguin Birthday Card Duo

Hello my crafty friends

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog and I have a pair of Birthday Cards to share today. The Stampin' Up Holiday Catalogue arrived and I couldn't wait to go through it. I always enjoy seeing what they have come up with but this year I was disappointed. Not because the products aren't great - I'm sure they are - but because of my present attitude of having ENOUGH and not needing more more MORE all the time.

As usual, I oooh and aaaah over the new items, and turn down the pages in the catalogue for the items I would like to purchase. When it was time to order though, I ended up unfolding most of those page corners and settled on two stamp sets. That's it! I actually thought about talking myself out of these Playful Penguins but in the end they were one of the two that I did order and I'm really happy with them.

I love that they are fairly realistic AND that they don't require much in the way of colouring. They are red rubber stamps and you can't beat rubber for crisp detailed images. These ones stamp beautifully. Of course they are supposed to be winter images but I chose them because they will work all year long. Here are the first cards I made with the Playful Penguin stamp set - masculine birthday cards I will be donating to my Mom's old nursing home.


The other stamp set that I purchased is called Snow Front. The Stampin' Up Water Front stamp set is hands down my very favourite set and this one will coordinate with it really well. So that was a no brainer ha ha. I used one of the stamps from the Snow Front set to help create ground for the front penguin. Who is also wearing a party hat!

I added some faint hills with a stencil/mask and then stamped greetings on both an 'ink smooshed' fishtail banner and right on the card panel. The 'you're so cool' comes with the Playful Penguins.


Here is a peek at the inside:


I have lots of ideas for this set, so you will be seeing it again soon!

Supplies:
Playful Penguins - Stampin' Up
Snowfront - Stampin' Up
White and black card stocks
Water brush
Party hat stamp - Lawn Fawn
Chameleon Color Tone and Color Top markers
Stitched rectangle - Your Next Stamp
Sakura black glaze and white gel pens
Makeup brushes
Waves & Hills Stencil/Mask - Simon Says Stamp
W1 Copic marker
Birthday look great - Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes, MFT Stamps
Fishtail banner - MFT Stamps
Distress Oxide Inks
Words inside - In and Out Birthday, Taylored Expressions (retired)

Card size - A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!