Sunday 8 September 2019

Four Sparkly Mum Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I admit to having a HUGE stash of patterned paper. Huge. Ridiculous. But - it is what it is, and while I have definitely slowed down on bringing new paper IN and I'm making an effort to use up older stuff - I don't ever seem to make a dent in it. This year I added Post-It notes in my planner - reminding me that I do not need any new Fall, Thanksgiving, Halloween or Christmas patterned papers OR stamps OR stickers OR embellishments. Having to move those Post-Its each month is keeping it fresh in my mind. Haha, lasts year I didn't need any new Christmas patterned paper but managed to be at Michaels at the same time they had one of those 'special purchase' sales and ended up buying a couple more paper stacks. This year I vow to make it through the holidays without adding any new stuff. Well, unless I find a great Hanukkah paper package because those are few and far between. Wink.

For my card share today, I pulled out a pad of bright summery paper and made four Birthday Cards to donate to my Mom's old nursing home.


Some of the papers are embossed and sparkly and just SO pretty. I used full panels of the Mum patterned paper on two of the cards, and the trimmed off pieces with one of the coordinating prints for the other two.


I'm also working on using up my large stash of Peel-Off stickers, and added a simple beaded border in black to these two cards.


The cards are all the same inside:


This flower was in my stash so I was happy to USE it. I love to use things up!!


These two got a Daisy Border Peel Off Sticker Border, and since I only had one of the floral embellishments the second card got a layered punched butterfly.



Supplies:
White,yellow and orange card stocks
Stitched nesting label dies - Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - DCWV (old, from my stash)
Thinking of you stamp, Drop a Note - Taylored Expressions
Peel Off border scraps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Banner punch - Stampin 'Up
Butterfly Punch - Stampin' Up
Stickles
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fun foam
Inside stamps - Beautiful Friendship - Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. I certainly agree with you about patterned papers ... no matter how many I use it doesn't go down. I guess that is a good thing LOL. Love your sparkly cards, I have that patterned paper too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!