Thursday 12 September 2019

Two Spinning Bee Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I had so much fun making these cards! It's a technique I've been itching to try, and my friend Betty gave me a card using it with three little bees on the front. Since I had just used this paper pad (Pebbles) and it had the cute beehive and bee printed papers that were fresh on my mind, I also used bees on my cards. 


I used Bee Peel-Off's from Elizabeth Craft Designs, adhering the stickers to white card stock then fussy cutting the bees out. I water coloured the bee bodies, then assembled the cards.


I love how the bees spin and wiggle around on the card - it's very satisfying to sit and move the card back and forth watching the bees spin. Note, I did add a penny to the back of each of the mechanism's as I wasn't happy with how well they spun without the weight of the penny.


Here is a peek at the inside:


I also made a little YouTube Video so you can see the bees in action. So fun!


I was happy to be able to use up a few more items from my stash for these two cards, as well as pulling out some older stamps!

Supplies:
Bee Peel Off's - Elizabeth Craft Designs
White & black card stocks
Blueprints #12 - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper - Garden Party, Pebbles
Various dye inks
Water Brush
Wink of Stella
Circle dies - Hero Arts
Pennies
Clear embossing powder
Words, Bee4Me - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Background4Bees - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
Stitched Nested Label dies - Stampin' Up
Sequins

Card Sizes - A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!