Sunday 22 September 2019

Bold Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I enjoy using journal cards and cut-parts in my paper crafting. These are generally 3 x 4" cards meant for pocket scrapbooking and often come included in a 12 x 12" paper stack. But you can also purchase them, which is what I did here. I pulled 16 out of the Project Life pack, grabbed an older patterned paper stack and made SIXTEEN birthday cards to donate to my Mom's nursing home.


I was able to use up lots of scraps and bits & pieces on the background panels of these cards, and Karen Burniston's bold Happy Birthday die was perfect.


Some of the journal cards are a little more feminine, so those ones got some glitter added, and there is also some sparkly embossed bits in the patterned paper.


Initially I was going to use black fun foam to die cut the greeting from, but it turned out to be a little fiddly to adhere because of stretching. So I only did one out of the fun foam and the rest from black card stock.



The cards are all the same inside. I used the MISTI for perfect alignment and stamping, and just changed out the ink colours to match the cards.


I added these Rounded Corner Rectangle nesting dies from Hero Arts to my die collection in January and I really like them. I'm very happy with my investment!


This journal card had lines on it for the pocket scrapbooking details but it still worked well for a card embellishment. I added a punched balloon as well on a few of the cards that needed a little somethin' somethin'.


There are still LOTS of journal cards left in the package, but after making these ones I was a little tired of them so put them away for a bit. But you will be seeing more of them on future cards!

Supplies:
Journal cards - Becky Higgins, Project Life
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Black, red, aqua, and white card stocks
Corner rounder - Creative Memories
Patterned paper - DCWV, Studio Calico and American Craftas
Rounded rectangle infinity dies - Hero Arts
Fun foam
Stitched fishtail banners - MFT Stamps
Balloon Punch - Stampin' Up
Stickles
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Stamps - Ranger

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!