Wednesday 4 September 2019

Birthday Balloon Diagonal 3 Panel Card

Hello my crafty friends

I haven't been buying very much the past four months, instead using the supplies I already have for my card making. I'm weary of being bombarded every single month with new releases from dozens of companies. You barely get to use what you may have purchased last month before they have all new goodies for you. AARRGGHH - enough!  However in August there were a couple of items that really appealed to me and this 'Z Fold Card" from Divinity Designs was one. I have been just deleting all the 'new release' emails that come in and not even going to look at my favourite companies to see what they have coming out. My teammate Frances Byrne is on the Divinity Designs Design Team, so I noticed her use the Z-Fold card on her blog and that made me sit up and take notice. I like to purchase dies that I can use for multiple occasions and this one certainly fits the bill.

It is not a typical Z Fold to me though, so I'm calling it a Diagonal Trifold Card. It could also be called a Zig Zag card! Either way, I am going to get a ton of use out of this die set and I especially like that they included the layering dies. Truth be told, that is the only reason I purchased the die set - I could have easily made the card base on my own.

This is the first card I made using the die set, and it was fun choosing paper scraps from this older patterned paper stack to use for the layers. Below is what the card would look like when it comes out of the envelope.


It is nice and stable when it stands for display, another one of my requirements. Which is why I rarely make top fold cards - I hate that they won't stand nicely for display!


Of course you can decorate all the panels if you choose but I kept this one fairly simple since the patterned paper has shiny embossed bits to it.


The greeting was stamped on a white stitched circle then popped up with foam tape.


It's hard to capture in photos, but below you can see how raised and shiny the patterned paper is.


The back of the card has a stamped verse, a layered balloon and lots of room to sign our names.


The dotted/string patterned paper is also embossed and shiny, as well as the pink dots on the balloons.


I have so many ideas for this die set!

Supplies:
Z Fold Card with layers - Divinity Designs
Black, yellow and white card stocks
Patterned paper - Little Miss, DCWV (Old, from my stash)
3D Pop Up Drop Ins (balloons) - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
1067 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
Stamps - Cake & Candles, Avery Elle
Staedtler Fineliners

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!