Wednesday 27 November 2019

Vintage Truck Shaker Card Duo

Hello my crafty friends

When I saw that Queen and Company's Special Delivery kit, I was SO excited. I love images of old vintage trucks - have no idea why, but I do. Shipping to Canada can be really expensive, but since we were going to be visiting Arizona in early November I was able to have it shipped to a friends house there. WOOT!

The die set comes with pumpkins and hearts (among others) so it's not just a Christmas kit. If you follow my blog, you know I like to purchase things for their versatility and longevity. The Special Delivery 6 x 6" patterned paper has both Christmas and fall prints as well as some dots, plaids and stripes that would work for a multitude of occasions.

I pulled out a sheet of cute Christmas dog stickers from my stash and made a Christmas card for friends. When I was finished though, I realized there was another couple that would enjoy a card like this so while everything was out I went ahead and made a second card.


I really had fun creating these cards - shaker cards are appealing to me more and more these days so you can expect to see them regularly for the next little while. Here I cut the truck from some of the blue plaid patterned paper, adding the trees and snowflakes that also come with the die set.



The dog stickers are just too cute, wearing their sparkly winter coats and hats. 


Here is a peek at the inside of the first card - I love the greeting stamps that come with the kit and chose this one for inside the card.



For the second card I made a red truck and added some 'road' washi tape under the wheels.


I used various filler, both from my stash and from the kit.


This is the second Q&Co greeting stamp I picked for inside the card. 


Seriously - aren't these dog stickers adorable?


Supplies 
Special Delivery Shaker Kit - Queen & Company (unless specified, everything came from the kit)
Black, red and white card stocks
Charcoal Stardream card stock
White shimmer card stock
Silver foil card stock scraps
Dog Stickers - Tatoo King
Other filler - stash
Sakura white gel pen
Stitched Rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Vertical Strip die - MFT Stamps
Road Washi tape 
Sketch SC 314
Jingle All The Way - Simple Strips Christmas, Taylored Expressions
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Stickles
Stitched panel frame - MFT Stamps

Card sizes - standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!