Monday 11 November 2019

Doggie Pop Up Christmas Card

Hello my crafty friends

First I must apologize for the terrible lighting in these photos. I have had to move where I take my card photos for now, and I haven't figured out where the best place to take the pics will be. I wanted to get this post done, so finally just took the photos and here you go. It could be the white shimmer paper is what was throwing my camera lighting off - who knows.

I usually finish my card fronts after the inside is all done and this card was no exception. Just as I was about done it, I dropped the red ink pad onto the far right tree. There might have been some bad words slip out of my mouth. I carefully dabbed up what I could, but no way I was going to start the card over, so I hope my friend forgives the red spots on her tree. Sheesh.



Here is a short YouTube video for you can see what the card looks like as it opens and closes.






Inside, I used my technique of turning the Train Pivot Panel vertically and using that for my pop up platform. There is lots of area to decorate when you use it this way!



I added some die cut evergreens from the Evergreen Pivot Panels, added some dot stickers and red snowflakes too. The bold Merry Christmas was perfect for the top.



I adhered the oval to the train engine part, then just snipped off the bits of the engine that stuck out past the oval's edges.



There is a lot of shimmer and sparkle to this holiday card ... the white card stock is all shimmery, and each of the dog stickers has glitter on them as well. Oh, and I added Glitter Dot Peel-Off's in the centre of each snowflake and those things really catch the light.



This card is also for the Fun Friday Challenge #126 at Your Next Stamp - Holiday Wishes. You can find all the details for the challenge HERE. Usually I don't submit to their challenges  if I don't use YNS products, but with Karen Burniston's new release I haven't had a chance to make a non KB card. The stitched rectangle die set used throughout this card IS by Your Next Stamp at least.


Remember you can click on a photo to open it up with more definition if you want to see the details.

Supplies:
White shimmer card stock
Stickers - Tatoo King (my stash)
1106 Train Pivot Panels - Karen Burniston
Baby Powder
Oval die - Hero Arts
Red and white card stocks
Fishtail banner die - MFT Stamps
Celebrate the Season stamp - 'Simple Strips Christmas' stamps and die, Taylored Expressions
Stitched Rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
1018 Winter Charms (tree) - Karen Burniston
1065 Merry Christmas - Karen Burniston
1045 Outdoor Scene - Karen Burniston
Have yourself stamp ... Merry Messages, Lawn Fawn
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Fun Foam
Stickles
Speech bubble die - Riley & Company
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Card size - 4.25 x 5.5"
Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. I always look fwd to seeing your creations—so innovated, cute, fun and well done. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another fun card using the train pivot panels ... love love love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!