Sunday 10 November 2019

Dragon Love Pop Up Valentine

Hello my crafty friends

Oh My Gosh, I'm so happy with how this card turned out! Yes, it is a Valentine. But part of Karen Burniston's new release IS for Valentine's Day and I don't know about you but I am always running out of time to make enough Valentine cards. Plus, I wanted to show you a different way to make a Valentine's Day card - one that isn't all pink and filled with hearts.

The front has the NEW Happy Valentine's Day die - which cuts as a single piece which makes it easy peasy to adhere to your projects. I cut it from pink mirror card stock for some sparkle and shine. The NEW Flap and Closure is fun too ... and I used magnets here to keep the card in the closed position and prevent an accidental reveal of the inside. Note - next time I will use two magnets instead of the single one I used on this card.


I decorated the front with the Outdoor Scene dies adding the small heart that comes with the Knight and Dragon.


Inside is the NEW Parcel Pop Up, which is way more fun to see in action than still shots. So here is a YouTube video for you ...


I was crazy about this dragon when Karen B released the Knight and Dragon, and I haven't used it nearly enough. I love how CUTE this guy is - so I used three on this card. The ones on either side are stationary, but the heart-holding dragon slips in and out of the clouds as the card opens and closes.

That moving dragon is holding a pink foil heart, and the XOXO from Word Set 9 is also cut from pink mirror/foil card stock.



Once the card was done and I had the dragon where I wanted him, I noticed his bottom feet were catching on the lip of the mechanism as he slid back down behind the clouds. I adhered a piece of acetate in that spot to easily remedy that and now the dragon moves smoothly with no catch points.

I like that there is a stitching line both above and below the cutting line on the clouds from the Nature Edges and I was able to use both the positive and negative portions to build up my clouds and hide the Parcel Pop Up mechanism.


I hope you've enjoyed my card today, and that I've shown you how versatile the new Parcel Pop Up die set can be!

Supplies:
1116 Parcel Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1118 Flap & Closure - Karen Burniston
Light blue and green peal (Stardream) card stock
1046 Circle Charm Pop Up (circle) - Karen Burniston
1114 - Happy Valentine's Day - Karen Burniston
Blue, cream and green card stocks
1006 Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
Acetate
1035 Knight & Dragon - Karen Burniston
Black Sharpie
Sakura white gel pen
1045 Outdoor Scene - Karen Burniston
1083 Word Set 9 Love - Karen Burniston
Magnets
Pink mirror card stock - Tonic Studios

Card Size 5 x 4.25"

Thanks for stopping by today

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! My favorite new die. Love the clouds and Dragons! Marlene L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's not to love about this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you incorporated so much movement into this card. From the stationary dragons to the pop-up parcel one, the dimensional and interactive elements draw me in and make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen - I totally LOVE this one. I admire your creativity!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore this card!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just receive the dragon in the mail - looking at making a similar card using him - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!