Thursday 7 November 2019

Coffee Gift Card Parcel Pop Up

Hello my crafty friends

I'm back today with another card using the COMING SOON Parcel Pop Up, which is part of Karen Burniston's newest release that will be shipping around mid month. This Birthday Card/Gift Card Holder is for my brother. I like to give him humorous birthday cards, so I turned to some Funny Bones stamps from Riley and Company for my card front.





Ahaha - so funny, right?

When I was looking at the mechanism of the Parcel Pop Up, it resembled the shape of a cup so that is what I went with! I nested two ovals together to create the cup handle and decorated my mug with the Border Blends Party and another Riley and Company stamp.

Here is a little YouTube video so you can see the card in action. See how the gift card slides in and out as the card is opened?




The coffee bean die is from the Coffee Cup Pop Up die set, and I cut it here from the crosshatch rectangle and let the brown from the mat show through the openings.



The Enjoy is from the Enjoy the Ride die set. My brother works shift work and often stops to pick up a coffee either on the way to or on the way home from work. I know he will appreciate the gift card as well as the card.



This card is also for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, and you can find all the details HERE. Be sure to check it out - there is always a ton of inspiration!




Supplies:
Patterned paper - Coffee Break, Stampin' Up (retired)
Brown, white and blue card stocks
1116 Parcel Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1089 Rockin' Rectangle (oval) - Karen Burniston
1019 Gift Card Label (oval) - Karen Burniston
1082 Ice Cream Sundae Pop Up (spoon) - Karen Burniston
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1040 Coffee Cup Pop Up (beans) - Karen Burniston
1091 Border Blends Party - Karen Burniston
1103 Enjoy the Ride - Karen Burniston
Crabby til Coffee - Funny Bones, Riley & Company
Sound Effects - Funny Bones, Riley & Company
Word Bubble dies - Riley & Company
Puzzled Jack stamp - Riley & Company
Bling it On Sparkly Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Blueberry Blitz - Your Next Stamp
Dot stamp - Stamps by Judith

Card size - 5 x 5", fits in a 5 x 5" square envelope, which I decorated with some of the patterned paper to match the card. Square envelopes cost more to mail (in Canada, anyhow) so if I were mailing this one I would put it in a 5 x 7" envelope and it would mail for a single stamp. 


Thanks for stopping by today

13 comments:

  1. Love how you turned the parcel pop up into a coffee cup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahaha!! Even moving without sound effects is getting harder and harder! LOVE the inside, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun sentiment and super cool pop up inside! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its super nice!
    Hello from Coffee Lovers blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful pop up gift holder design. These pop up cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift card idea. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pop up inside, love the saying, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the sentiments and the fabulous card design

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool this is! I know I dropped to see the hop makes but this COFFEE card holder caught my attention first! I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just purchased this die and want to use a gift card like you did. How did you attach the card so it stays but then easily comes off ... glue dot?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry - I can't remember how I attached it. Possibly Washi Tape or removable tape? Possibly a glue dot that I stuck on my sweater a time or two so it wasn't too sticky? Sorry I can't be more help, but I really can't remember!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks. I’ll give the slightly de-tack glue dot a try. I mean not like it has to stay stuck forever right LOL. They are going to want to spend the gift card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!