Sunday 3 November 2019

Ten Fun 'One Sheet Wonder' Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I enjoyed my first One Sheet Wonder (OSW) cards last month so much I couldn't wait to make another set. I used the same template and some older paper & embellishments from my stash to make these cards which I will be donating to my Mom's old nursing home. I like that they are all different enough to be included in the same month! The template I used is linked at the end of my post.

Because I've had the paper stack for several years there were lots of bits and pieces in it.  I was able to use up most of those as well, adding another partial sheet to the OSW layouts on a couple of the cards. Now there are only TWO full 12 x 12" sheets left and a few scraps!. I will wait a few months to use the last of the paper up for my nursing home donation cards and then I will have used up the entire paper pack.

Below you can see all ten cards grouped together.


These four each have a pinwheel embellishment but are different enough that I won't worry about two residents getting an identical card that month.


The large stitched banner with the wavy cut out was one of the scraps in the package, obviously not needed for an earlier project. I backed the opening with some of the yellow patterned paper and it was ready for my card!


Who doesn't love an ice cream cone on a birthday card?



The final three cards use a few more printed embellishments and I added Nuvo Drops to all of the cards when I was done assembling.


There are a couple of residents on the younger side, so I thought this card might work well for them. I like to think the recreation staff enjoys choosing what card each resident will receive each month.


Each of the cards has a stamped white panel inside, and I used my MISTI for perfect placement on each one.


Seongsook's template calls for double sided paper, which is always fun. You can find her template HERE.  

Supplies:
Kraft, cream and rust card stocks
Patterned paper - Cloud 9 Design (old, from my stash)
One Sheet Wonder template - Seongsook Duncan
Embellishments - Save the Date, Kaisercraft
Happy Birthday 2 You - Cool Tag Banner Sentiments, Your Next Stamp
Fishtail banner die - MFT Stamps
Black pen
W-1 Copic marker
Large Stitched Banner - Pink & Main
Stitched Wavy Circle die - Your Next Stamp
Nuvo Drops
Words Inside - Perennial Birthday, Stampin' Up
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia

Card Sizes - A2 (4-1/4 x 5-1/2")

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Another bunch of awesome cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your cards on Facebook and love them all. I get my ideas from you all. Thank you for being one of Karen's designers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!