Wednesday 13 November 2019

Elegant Butterfly Surprise Ball Pop Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

If you follow my blog, you know I rarely post my cards in the same order I make them. This one was made the same week the Design Team got their new release dies and since I had just done the bright and cheerful Surprise Ball I wanted something more elegant.

I have been working with kraft card stock a lot these days, so pulled that out as well as some retired kraft and metallic patterned paper. 



Since this die creates such a fun pop up element, I'm sharing the action in a short YouTube video with more photos below that.





I decorated the ball with the flowers from the Woven Basket Pop Up and the butterfly from the Circle Charms Pop Up die sets.





I didn't add foam tape to the elements, as with all the layers this card is bulky enough! It should still to through the mail with an additional stamp though. It's also perfect for a card that will be hand delivered, because then you will get to see the recipients face when they open it. 




Supplies:
1117 Surprise Ball Pop Up - Karen Burniston - shipping mid November 2019
1118 Flap and Closure - Karen Burniston - shipping mid November 2019
1046 Circle Charms Pop Up (butterfly) - Karen Burniston
1056 Squares Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1102 Word Set 10, Thinking of You - Karen Burniston
1080 Woven Basket Pop Up (flowers) - Karen Burniston
Silver pearl card stock - stash
Silver metallic card stock - stash
Brads - Stampin' Up
Holographic circle stickers - Stampendous
Kraft and coloured metallic patterned paper - Stampin' Up (retired)

Card size - 5 x 5" square. While it fits in a square envelope, in Canada square envelopes require additional postage. So I would put this one in a standard 5 x 7" envelope.



Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!