Thursday 21 November 2019

Leaf Shaped Thanksgiving Card

Hello my crafty friends

Last year I purchased 3 sheets of 12 x 12"  patterned paper from the Dreams of Autumn collection by Bo Bunny. One of the sheets was filled with images, which I fussy cut to use as card elements. When I opened my box of fall papers, I saw the two sheets on top of the pile, along with the clear bag of elements and decided that I was going to work with those papers until they were gone. The idea wasn't to get as many cards as possible from the papers but more to use them up.

This is the sixth and final card made with the papers & elements!


I used the large (older) leaf dies from Tonic Studios to make my shaped card with the layers, and added a die cut Happy Thanksgiving and a stamped greeting inside.



Scored 3/4" from top point on back piece and adhered the front and back together by putting adhesive ABOVE that score line.



The card stands on it's own for display, which I really like.



The patterned paper all gone but about a 3 x 3" piece of the green knit, and 3 fussy cut elements (large fox, two large pinecones). I have put them in the bin for next years fall cards. And I'm happy to say I made it through the entire fall season without purchasing a single fall item ... no stamps, stickers or patterned paper. Woot! While the US is gearing up for their Thanksgiving, ours is long past and I am concentrating on holiday and birthday cards now.

Supplies:
Brown, yellow, off white and burgundy card stocks
Patterned paper - Dreams of Autumn, Bo Bunny
Leaf dies - Tonic Craft Kit #12, Tonic Studios
Words inside - Thanksgiving Blessings, Taylored Expressions
Happy Thanksgiving - the Stamps of Life
Nuvo Shimmer Pen

This card is larger than the standard A2, but easily fits in a 5 x 7 envelope for mailing!

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!