Wednesday 6 November 2019

Space Ship Surprise Ball

Hello my crafty friends

I'm back today with another Sneak Peek of Karen Burniston's new release and I'm using the Surprise Ball Pop up for a fun Birthday Card.

Here is the front, where I used the new Flap and Closure with bakers twine to keep the card in the closed position.




When you unwind the twine and release the closure, the Surprise Ball Pops up. My hubby inspired me to make it into a space ship, and I think it turned out SOOO cute.



Below is a short YouTube video so you can see the card in action. 



For assembly, I had to trim corners of blue side tabs or they would have shown through window. The windows are backed with acetate and then I added larger charcoal circles in behind them with foam tape for added dimension inside. I really like the depth this gives the space ship.

I also added flames and moon from the Rocket Pop Up to add some details to this fun space scene.




The background was done with wide washi tape, and Enjoy the Ride is perfect for this card!





I'm just tickled with how well this idea turned out!

Supplies:
1117 Surprise Ball Pop Up - Karen Burniston (shipping mid November 2019)
1118 Flap and Closure - Karen Burniston (shipping mid November 2019)
1109 Space Charms - Karen Burniston
Orange, grey, aqua, yellow, white, and coral card stocks
Rocket Patterned paper - Reach for the Stars, Starships - Moxie
Wide Washi Tape - Altenew
Acetate Scraps
Silver metallic card stock - stash
Black pen
1105 Rocket Pop Up (flame) - Karen Burniston
Brads - my Stash
Bakers Twine
1103 Enjoy the Ride - Karen Burniston
1116 Parcel Pop Up (rectangle) - Karen Burniston (shipping mid November 2019)
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Nuvo Drops

Card size 5 x 5", fits in a 5 x 7" envelope or a 5" square one. Square envelopes usually require extra postage though.


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!