Saturday 16 November 2019

Rainbow Penguins

Hello my crafty friends

I'm playing with the Playful Penguin stamps again, which are in the Stampin' Up Holiday catalogue. I still haven't made a Christmas or Winter card with them, which I think is funny. But when I saw the stamps I knew I could use them all year long so that is why I purchased them. When the stamps arrived this is one of the first ideas that I had, so jotted it down in my notebook. 

As you can see, I ended up making four identical cards to donate to my Mom's old nursing home. I will put two in the bag for December, and save the other two for next year as I don't like to send more than two of a single design in a single month so the residents feel special when they get their cards. These would also work for the men at the nursing home.


There is just something about rainbow colours that just makes me HAPPY! Note, I used a matte glossy card stock, so I had to be very careful about smudging as dye inks take a long time to dry on coated papers. I very carefully stamped the penguins then left the panels to dry overnight. They wouldn't have needed that long but I was done for the evening anyways.
The next morning I stamped the words above the penguins and left them to dry while I ran errands. Then I was able to complete the cards without any smudging at all.



Inside I used the MISTI stamp positioning tool to ink up the greeting in the same colours as I used on the card front. While they look rather blotchy in the photos, the colours blend much smoother in real life.



Even without allowing for the drying time though, these Clean and Simple (CAS)  cards took me about as long as pop ups do. 

Supplies:
Matte Gloss card stock
Catherine Pooler and Stampin' Up Inks
Playful Penguins - Stampin' Up
Dot stamp - Stamps by Judith
Black and white card stocks
Fun foam
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Happy Birthday - Birthday Builder, Altenew
Inside stamp - Ombre Sentiments Birthday, Papertrey Ink

Card size - standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5" 

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!