Friday 29 November 2019

Alma's Pop Up Birthday Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and today I'm sharing the Pop Up card I made for Alma's 3rd Birthday. I used Karen Burniston's new Parcel Pop Up for the inside, so kept the front nice and simple. Alma is such a sweetheart, the "You're Sweet' die was perfect for the front. 




First though, here is a short YouTube video so you can see the card in action ...




I cut the 'You're Sweet' from recycled packaging, and adhered it to the balloon patterned paper panel with a bakers twine bow & a printed heart element.




I love Doodlebug Designs, so pulled out a package of printed elements and added several to the card. The main one is the layered ice cream cone, which slides in and out of the wrapped present as the card opens and closes. I added a star, purple heart, party hat and rainbow as well.




The rainbow and ice cream got some shimmer from a Wink of Stella pen, and I added a pink die cut border using Border Blends Party.






Finally, here is a side view so you can see the pop up a little better.




I've been having lots of fun with this new die by Karen Burniston, and you can expect to see it used again and again. 

Supplies:

Patterned paper - Let's Party, Echo Park
1116 Parcel Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Printed elements - Doodlebug Design
Pink and white card stocks
Seam binding
Recycled packaging
1087 You're Sweet - Karen Burniston
Wink of Stella
1055 Ovals Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Circle die - Hero Arts
Word stamp - Happiest Birthday Wishes, Stampin' Up
Sakura sparkle, black glaze and white gel pens
1091 Border Blends Party - Karen Burniston

Card size:  4-1/2 x 6" (A6)


Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!