Tuesday 5 November 2019

Ho Ho Ho Greetings - Designer Challenge Card

Hello my crafty friends

Welcome to Karen Burniston's November 2019 Designer Challenge, where KB asked the team to use either the Fancy Label Accordion or the Charm Accordion to make a holiday card. I adore the Charm Accordion die set so that is what I used for my card and I have a lot of photos and a short YouTube video for you!

Let's start with the card front. Even though I used the Charm Accordion, I used it a little differently and added a journal card made for pocket scrapbooking on the front. The bear from the Winter Animals is so darned cute, I used him for the front of the card and added a red foil hat and tree.



The journal card I used on the front has red foiled bits in it which tie in with the bears hat and tree.




I like to show you different ways to use your dies - so I have a couple of 'twists' with the Charm Accordion. I cut the Charm Accordion base twice, joining the two pieces together with the included hinge. Then I sandwiched the far left and far right pages in between two foiled journal cards! I did this a couple of times when the Charm Accordion was first released and I'd forgotten how much I like it. I used journal cards from an old Project Life kit but a lot of 12 x 12 patterned paper packs often come with them that you can cut out and adhere as I did here.

Instead of joining the pivoting centre squares, I snipped one completely away and dangled a red foil tree charm in the opening. That tree is from the WINTER CHARMS but I also used trees from the Evergreen Pivot Panels as embellishments on the card.


I cut a larger, 6 x 4" journal card in half and added one half to the left and the right sides of the card. I like that when you open the first panel, it looks like the red foiled tree is on an accordion panel, when in fact it actually hags from the opening where I snipped away the accordion piece on that second panel. When you open the card to the next panel, the dangling tree is revealed.







The third panel has a stamped Ho Ho Ho ...



... and the panel on the far right has thee trees with red foil bows and white gel pen details.



Here is a look at the back side. The white panel is where we can sign our name when we send the card this year.








I hope you will check out what the rest of the Design Team has created for the challenge - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her project tomorrow (Wednesday) listed on her blog

Supplies:
1007 Charm Accordion - Karen Burniston
1018 Winter Charms - Karen Burniston
1016 Winter Animals - Karen Burniston
1102 Word Set 10 Thinking of You - Karen Burniston
1022 Word Set 3 Holiday - Karen Burniston
1062 Evergreen Pivot Panels (trees & bow) - Karen Burniston
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1089 Rockin Rectangle (sequins) - Karen Burniston

Journal cards - Project Life, Becky Higgins (stash)
Patterned paper - Comfort & Joy, My Mines Eye
Red glitter washi tape - Recollections
Red mirror card stock - Tonic Studios
Bakers Twine
Black pen
Sakura white gel pen and sparkle pen
Nuvo Drops
Ho Ho Ho - Gift Tag Greetings, MFT Stamps


Thanks for stopping by today

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute I love all of your creations Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brillant! I never thought to cover the openings! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really creative! I love how you covered all the "squares"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!