Saturday 2 November 2019

'Coffee & Mittens' Pop Up Christmas Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing another card for the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop. Since I used sentiment
s from Your Next Stamp, this is also for their Fun Friday Challenge #126 - Holiday Wishes!  This is not what I had in mind when I went into my craft room to make the card. I knew there was some Buffalo Plaid  in the paper package I had out, so my plan was to use that for the coffee cup but I ended up distracted by some of the smaller scraps in with the papers and this is what I ended up with.

There was also a string of mittens in the coordinating embellishment package that I could have used on the card front but I decided to save that for a different card and instead I pulled out some older mitten dies and used them on the card front. 




Here is a quick YouTube video so you can see the Pop Up inside a little better ...



The mittens have a white glittery cut and glittered trees as well.



I knew I wanted a Pop Up inside, so chose the mechanism that comes with Karen Burniston's Explosion Pop Up. It's a versatile little die - and gives you this nice sized pop up platform and a smaller step on top if you choose to use it. Which I didn't use this time, so just left it flat. It's hidden behind the coffee cup. The Washi Tape Sentiments from Your Next Stamp worked perfectly!



I paper pieced the Stamps of Life To-Go cup and added a mitten sticker that came with the package, It needed something else though, so out came the sequins, Nuvo Drops and this pretty 3-d holly sticker. 




Since I normally hop from paper pad to paper pad, this year I challenged myself to use only three different packages and hopefully use them up. Or at least make a good dent in them.  This package is by My Minds Eye, there is one with lots of sparkle and pinks also by My Minds Eye, and a fun print package from Doodlebug. I'm happy to say that other than a few scraps and one 12 x 12" sheet of the Buffalo Plaid, this package is almost used up. Yeah!

Be sure to check out all the amazing creations for the Blog Hop ... there is always a ton of inspiration. You can find the details HERE, or if you are looking for the Fun Friday Challenge at YNS, click HERE. Your Next Stamp is also one of the sponsors in the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!




Supplies:

White and red card stocks
1069 Explosion Pop Up (pop up mechanism) - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper, elements & stickers - Comfort and Joy, My Minds Eye
To Go cup - Coffee4two stamp, Stephanie Barnard at the Stamps of Life
1038 Tropical Scene (scalloped border) - Karen Burniston
Holly 3D sticker - K & Company
Stitched Strip die - MFT Stamps
Mitten dies - MFT Stamps
Sparkle card stock - scraps from my stash
Black marker
Washi Tape Sentiments and die - Your Next Stamp
Clear embossing powder
Sakura white gel pen
Copic markers
Verse inside - More Merry Messages, Stampin' Up (retired)
Sequins
Nuvo Drops
Oval die - Hero Arts
Snowflake punches - Martha Stewart

Card size - Standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")



Thanks for stopping by today

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow - what an amazing card! I love the gorgeous way you finished the inside! So many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pop up interactive inside, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet surprise when they open up that gorgeous card and see that big cup of coffee. I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its super adorable!
    Hello from Coffee lovers hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I envision a gift card behind the coffee cup, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun little pop-up card! Love the design and love all the yummy patterned papers you selected! So fun! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing card! I love interactive and popup cards. Someone is going to LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Christmas theme for this

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!