Sunday 5 May 2019

Challenge Card With Flowers

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm playing along with the Fun Friday Challenge #113 at Your Next Stamp, and the theme is "How Does Your Garden Grow".  I have quite a few YNS products, but I had to really search through them to find something garden related that wasn't Easter! Finally I chose these blooms from the All Aboard Bunch Of Happiness stamp set and then the card came together easily. In all honesty, my real life garden is fake. Ha -  any plants we put out are considered snack food by the deer and other critters. So I put plant pots with silk flowers and plastic grasses on the front porch. But that doesn't make for a good card, ha ha.

Since I am loving bright & happy colours these days, I cut the YNS Photo Booth die from this fun striped patterned paper.


The inlayed card stock squares are actually leftover pieces from previous cards made with the Photo Booth die set. I keep them with the die and will use the fall-away striped pieces from this card on a different project. There are bright balloons printed on the reverse side of the striped paper so I may end up using that side!  The blue square is actually a Distress Oxide background from a Shark card I made in January, which you can see HERE.

I stamped the flowers onto the white squares and coloured them with Chameleon Colour Tone and Colour Top markers. The cute chick was stamped onto white card stock and fussy cut, then coloured with the same markers. I added a couple of stitched puffy clouds from Karen Burniston's Outdoor Scene.

The words are from YNS's Washi Tape Sentiments and Washi Tape Sentiment Die set.


Here is a peek at the inside. I used a YNS Stitched Rectangle die and stamped the YNS Stripe-tastic Diagonal Edge at the top and bottom, then stamped the Taylored Expressions words.  I added another stamped chick from the All Aboard stamp set and added a Taylored Expressions stamped and die cut balloon.


I'll be back later this morning with my second post for the day, a Pop-Up Gift Card holder for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.

Supplies:
Photo Booth die set - Your Next Stamp
Black Olive Ink - Your Next Stamp
All Aboard, Bunch of Happiness stamp set,  - Your Next Stamp
Washi Tape Sentiment stamps - Your Next Stamp
Washi Tape Sentiment Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Rectangle die set - Your Next Stamp
Stripe-tastic Diagonal Edge stamp - Your Next Stamp
Pixie Dust Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Striped patterned paper - Doodlebug
Chameleon Color Tone Markers
Chameleon Color Top markers
White, pink and blue card stocks
Wink of Stella
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Staedtler Fine Line Markers
1045 Outdoor Scene (Stitched clouds) - Karen Burniston
Chameleon Color Tone Pencils
Inside words,  Be a Unicorn - Taylored Expressions
Balloon inside,  Cutting Edge Balloons - Taylored Expressions
Sakura white gel pen

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!