Saturday 4 May 2019

C4C482 Birthday Card Using Scraps.

Hello my crafty friends

It's Saturday which means it's time for a new challenge on the Crazy4Challenges Blog. It's also a brand new month, and our hostess for May is Maryann Einam. Nicky Foden is joining us as our Guest Designer this month - you can find Nicky's blog here:  My Messy Craftroom

Maryann's challenge this week is to 'Use some of your leftover papers, make a card using paper or card strips/scraps'.

I'm always up for a chance to make a birthday card to donate to my Mom's nursing home. But to use up some of my pretty paper scraps too? Win Win!  I used the rest of the leftover pieces inside the card so there were no scraps leftover either.


I used a Scrapworks die set by Your Next Stamp to die cut the sunburst panels. I cut six different sunburst shapes and adhered them to a scrap of card stock. Then I cut it into a rectangle shape with a stitched rectangle die and used that for my card element.

I love these cute banners from Taylored Expressions so used one across the top cut from black. Then I added orange dots with a glaze pen.



I liked the card so much, I made three more - each just a little different as it depended on the scraps I was using up as to where I could place the pieces on the die.


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C482.

Supplies:
Scrapworks Large Sunburst Die - Your Next Stamp
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Stitched Rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
Black and white card stocks
Circle dies
Skinny Mini Fiesta Border die - Taylored Expressions
Sakura glaze pen
It's Your Day stamp - Best Catch, Stampin' Up
Fun foam
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Stamps inside - The Inside Scoop, Taylored Expressions
Nuvo Drops - Tonic Studios

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. I can see I am going to need that die, great bunch of cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!