Saturday 18 May 2019

C4C484 Sketch Birthday Cards

Hello my craft friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges BlogNicky Foden is joining us as our Guest Designer this month - you can find Nicky's blog here:  My Messy CraftroomMaryann Einam is our hostess for May and she has a fun sketch for us this week.


I altered the sketch to work the the patterned paper I wanted to use. Actually I used some of my larger scraps for my cards today. Since the sketch worked so well with these scraps I ended up making three cards using it.

Here is the first card, with the adorable stamped owl. I added a party hat sticker as well.


I had fun colouring with the Chameleon Color Tone and Color Top markers. Most of the white circles and some of the coloured ones were sitting on my stamping table from other projects. It was so good to use them up - again, this sketch was perfect for that.


Inside I used the Chameleon Fineliners in a blue & green blend to write the message. Each of the cards is the same inside.


My second card today actually uses a piece I'd been holding onto since February. The striped panel was an envelope flap liner on one of the birthday cards I'd received. It was just too pretty to put in recycling and the sketch worked perfectly for it.


I have had these stamps since the Mesa Rubber Stamp Show in early March, and I've been itching to play with them. Another reason I made three cards - I just wanted to keep playing with the sweet stamps!


This is the third card - the kitty is also sporting a party hat sticker.



Finally, here is a look at all the cards together. I'll be giving these to our daughters for when the grandkids go to birthday parties.


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C484.

Supplies:
Animal stamps, Be Her - Waffle Flower
Chameleon Color Tone markers
Chameleon Color Top markers
Chameleon Fineline markers
White, green and turquoise card stocks
Stitched Rectangle die set - Your Next Stamp
Circle dies - Hero Arts
Peel-Off's - Stamp On It
Various striped patterned paper - scraps
Party Hat Stickers - Paper Studio
Happy Birthday stickers - Pebbles
Bakers Twine
Sakura black glaze pen
Sakura white gel pen
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. great set of cards, of course my favorite is the owl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what brand is the unicorn stamp?? i would love to add that to my collection!! (karlalala@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!