Monday 20 May 2019

Seven Birthday Cards using Cut-Aparts/Journal Cards

Hello my crafty friends

Since I enjoy using journal cards & cut-aparts in my paper crafting, I couldn't resist this 12 x 12" sheet of birthday themed ones by Echo Park. These ones were 4" square, so I was able to cut 9 of them for my cards. Two of them didn't work well for birthday cards though, so I used the reverse side (the polka dots) to add to the bottom of each journal card so they would fit on an A2 card with an even border all the way around. I added a card stock matting layer before adhering the journal cards to the white card bases.


Each of the journal cards got some Washi Tape and yellow ribbon, glitter and black Nuvo Drops to dress them up a little. I took shots of each one and you can see them below ...





I liked that they will work for both men and women - always a plus when you are donating cards.






These were fun to make, and I will be donating them to my Mom's nursing home. I purchased a second sheet of these cut aparts, but will wait a bit before making them into cards. I don't like to do too many duplicates to donate as I want the residents to feel special. I'll have to think of something different to do with them in a month or two.

Supplies:
Cut apart and patterned paper - Echo Park
White, red and teal card stocks
Rounded Rectangle Infinity dies - Hero Arts
Washi Tape
Ribbon - Stampin' Up
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Stamps inside - MFT and Stampin' Up
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!