Monday 27 May 2019

Birthday Balloons Card Duo

Hello my crafty friends

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, and I have a pair of Birthday Cards to share that I will be donating to my Mom's Nursing home. While they aren't exactly masculine because of the scalloped white rectangle, if the Recreation staff needs an extra masculine card they would think these would be fine.

I had been putting away this patterned paper pad when this sheet caught my eye. I returned the pad to my stamping table and decided to use it for a pair of birthday cards, adding punched balloons made from scraps in the pad. The papers are double sided and the reverse side has many coordinating solid or lightly patterned designs. The green card stock was also sitting out as I had pulled it for a different card and the shade didn't work. So I was able to use that up too.


I stamped the Happy Birthday on a stitched scalloped rectangle and added the balloons with Bakers Twine. The twine was wrapped around to the back of the scalloped rectangle and then it was popped up with foam tape.



Here is a peek at the inside:


Supplies:
Patterned paper - Sizzix
Rounded Rectangles Infinity Dies - Hero Arts
Scalloped Rectangle dies - Honey Bee Stamps
Balloon Punch - Stampin' Up
Stamps - Papertrey Ink
Bakers Twine
Sakura white gel pen
Black marker

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. nothing says birthday better than balloons, beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!