Thursday 9 May 2019

Layered Hummingbird Card

Hello my Crafty Friends

Because of my RA, heading into the city to browse the bookstore for stamping magazines is not something I can do anymore. Last month we were visiting Arizona with friends and she wanted to go to a Joanne's. You can imagine my delight at finding an entire stand filled with stamping magazines from the UK. I grabbed one of each and then sat at the pattern book table and ooooohed and aaaaaaahhed while my friend shopped for patterns and fabric. Once I realized the cost of the magazines though, I knew I could only choose a couple and the rest had to go back onto the stand. Each one of the magazines came with goodies - they were a good value - just not in my budget to purchase all of them. Ha. I agonized at to which magazines to choose and ended up letting the goodies be the deciding factor. I knew I'd enjoy whichever magazine I picked but it was still hard to put most of those packages back onto the stand.

One of the choices that came home with me was the April 2019 issue of Papercraft Inspirations and the goodie it came with was a package of what we used to call Paper Tole. I've never done it before and I thought it would be a good chance to try it out without a big investment in product. I pulled out the hummingbird panels and this is the card I came up with.


I added some bling and some extra glitter, as well as a stamped label. It is suggested you use silicone for the layers, but I didn't have any so went with double sided foam tape pieces instead. It turned out SO pretty!


Inside I hand lettered 'Happy Mother's Day', a strip of the green patterned card and a sparkly border from the package. This card will be for our middle daughter for Mother's Day.

Supplies:
Paper Tole kit - Papercraft Inspirations magazine (April 2019 issue) 
Stickles
Patterned card stock - Park Lane
Rectangle dies - Waffle Flower
Washi Tape Sentiment stamps and dies - Your Next Stamp
Bling - Queen and Company
Tombow Markers
Fineline marker (black)

Card size - 5 x 7"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. I love love love paper tole!! It's getting very hard to find any more - at least in the US!! Now I have to go to Joann's and see if they have that magazine!! I love hummers too!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, glad you were able to get a couple of the magazines.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!