Thursday 3 January 2019

Hooray Birthday Tags

Hello my crafty friends

I have a set of tags to share today, perfect for dressing up a birthday gift. I used the Tag Pocket with Phrases by Lynda Kanase for Sizzix for my tag bases. While the tags are bright and cheery, I kept them mostly white so they would match with lots of different wrapping papers or gift bags.


First I wrapped the bottom tag edges with two different washi tape designs. I love the cut-away words from Lynda's Photo Frames, so pulled out the HOORAY from her Celebrate Photo Frame set and die cut it from the tag above the Washi Tape rows. Then I backed the word with a rectangle of black card stock to make the word pop.


The Photo Frame set includes a set of stamps, so I used the Happy Birthday on a popped up label. The balloons and swirly-do come from Karen Burniston's Explosion Card. Alternatively, you could add stickers, punches or images fussy cut from patterned paper. Blue, Red and Yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops were added for some additional colour.


I like my gift tags nice and sturdy, but instead of die cutting the tags from heavyweight card stock, I cut each tag twice from regular white card stock. That way I could wrap the ends of the Washi Tape to the inside of the front and back tags, as well as back the cut-away HOORAY with black card stock and everything was sandwiched neatly between the two tags which were adhered together back to back. The great thing about die cutting the tags, is that the edges will always match up perfectly!

The back side was stamped but I didn't add a traditional 'to & from' instead choosing the 'Just For You' words. There is room above to write a name and below for the grandkids to sign their names if they wish.


These tags are going to our daughter's for when the grandkids go to birthday parties!

Supplies:
Tag Pocket with Phrases - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
White black, yellow, orange, turquoise and green card stocks
Washi tape - stash
Photo Frame, Celebrate - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Fine Point Markers
Card, Pop-Up Gift Card Holder (label) - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
1069 Explosion Pop-Up (Balloon and Swirly-Do) - Karen Burniston
Sakura White Gel Pen
Bakers Twine
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!