Sunday 13 January 2019

Dog Flip Valentine

Hello my Crafty Friends

It's no secret that I love Flip cards -  Z-fold cards, Flip-its, Flip Fold - they have many different names. So when I purchased this Half Heart Flip Die Set from Your Next Stamp I had to play with it right away. I paired it with their ADORABLE 'Love and Hugs' stamp set, which is part of their latest release.

Yes, this is my second post today but I really wanted to take part in the Fun Friday Challenge #105 at Your Next Stamp - 'Lets See SMILES'. All the details for the challenge can be found HERE.  It was easier to create a second post than to shuffle all the scheduled posts around. 

This is what the card would look like as it comes out of the envelope. That heart-holding-dog image just makes me smile. He is also smiling, so I think this card fits very well for the challenge!


This little cluster of hearts was fussy cut from the patterned paper and. I added some black border Peel-Off's as well.

Being such a dog family, this was the first of the stamps I had to grab and use. I could send this card to anyone in our family and they would love it. The dog's nose is nice and shiny (so are the freckles) because of the black glaze pen detailing.


The scalloped heart panel inside is actually a cut apart which was printed on the reverse side of the heart patterned paper. It worked  perfectly for the inside of this Heart Flip card! I like how it frames the centre heart when the card is closed, then shows the greeting when it's opened.


I hope to have a chance to enter another card before the challenge ends on the 24th as well.



Supplies:
Red and white card stocks
Patterned paper and journal card - Doodlebug Designs
Half Heart Flip Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Stripe-Tastic Heart Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Love and Hugs stamps - Your Next Stamp
Purrr-fect Friend (small heart stamp) - Your Next Stamp
Derwent water colour pencils
Water brush
Stampin Blends - Stampin' Up
Copic markers
Sakura white gel pen
Sakura black glaze pen
Black Peel-Off Border - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!